Thursday, September 18, 2008

Construction

I'm an early riser...and apparently so are Vietnamese construction crews. Since last week a demolition crew has been drilling/smashing/doing-other-exceedingly-loud-things literally feet from my head at 7AM every morning. The noise level is ridiculous. I've resorted to wearing ear plugs and blasting my music but still find myself with a migraine around 7:45AM every day.

The good news is the construction gives me a reason to leave my house everyday. I've been walking around my new neighbor exploring the streets and reading in a local park. The bad news is that I'm going to keep having to explore my neighborhood for another month. The construction has just started.

I knew this house was too good to be true (minus the dolls in attic).


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our neighbors just put on an addition to their house and not only did we not hear a peep before 8 or 9 A.M., but we didn't even smell anything when the Johnny on the Spot truck came to empty the outhouse. Good ole U.S.A. that we all take forgranted.

Anonymous said...

Let us know if they finish the job on time or early. If so, they will be the first contractors to finish on time. Maybe you can bring them home with you, we'll keep them busy.
At least you don't have to put 25 cents (or is a $1.00 now) in the machine next to the bed to get it to vibrate. Just make believe you're on a ride in Disneyland. As I remember you did work there too.

Baby Songer said...

I like the little "Ahoy Hanoi" sign off. The noise at 7AM, not so much.

Also, my Word Verification for Blogger was "sxfeyg" which if read aloud, sounds kinda weird.