Monday, March 16, 2009

Safe Travels, Ryan!

Nearly a year ago, on April 30th, Ryan left Hanoi to go teach in Ho Chi Minh City. I wrote this blog about it:

http://ahoyhanoi.blogspot.com/2008/04/love-aint-easy.html

In case you're too lazy to click on that link, I wrote: "...it's been a great month and a half hanging out with Ryan. The highest compliment I can bestow on a person is to say that, 'he's a good guy.' Well, Ryan is a really good guy."

A couple of days after Ryan flew to Ho Chi Minh City, he had a change of heart. He decided he'd rather spend his year in Hanoi and promptly flew back. I couldn't be happier that Ryan changed his mind. He's not only made a great roommate over the last 11 months, but he's been an amazing friend. Without a doubt, my time in Vietnam wouldn't have been nearly as great without Ryan. What I said last April rings truer today than ever before: Ryan is a really good guy.

Safe travels, Ryan. We're gonna miss you here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you are so nice American guy, Ryan and your parents are so sweet people too! You make a good image about American in me! I hope you will come back to Vietnam one day.
Safe flight! We do miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Ben was so lucky to have formed such a strong bond with you during the past year. We hope to see you again in the good old U.S.A.

Anonymous said...

He's going to miss all of you, I'm sure, and it's going to be hard for him to adjust to life here again. We'll have him for awhile, but I'll bet you'll see him soon.

Thanks for making his time there so memorable -- and ours, too!

Anonymous said...

Oops -- I meant to say from Ryan's mom and stepdad!

Ryan said...

Thanks Ben. I'm in Saigon now about to go to dinner with Hien and Ling. It was great to live with you this past year. Hope this go well! See you later.

Linh Ho said...

We spent a great night with Ryan in Saigon. I felt so sad to say goodbye to him. You posted a great blog entry Ben.