Monday, April 7, 2008

Connect Four III


(PICTURE: Someone please buy that giant Connect Four board for me!!!)

Yesterday I received this email: "hi how are you lop lop ben? i am sorry i not send you email trea she given your email but i lost and i just get from her today,did you like there?take care lop lop ben from lana." 
Two things you should know:
1. "Lop Lop" means "crazy in the head" in khmer. 
2. This email is from the bartender I beat on the first Connect Four night in Cambodia. 

So, I wrote her back this:

"Who are you calling lop lop? You're the craziest girl in all of Cambodia. I'm forever going to have nightmares about your arms flailing in the air and trying to strangle me every time I beat you in Connect Four.

I really like Vietnam so far. The food here is better than Cambodia. However, nobody plays Connect Four here! I want to get better so I can play you 1:1 next time..."

Then I got this email reply last night:

"only you lop lop no body our ok do not need to ask me who i call lop lop.if you siad vietnam better than cambodia i think you do not like come cambodia again. why there no have connect four?do not need to play more you are good already."

Mom & Dad, I'd like to introduce you to your future daughter-in-law. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is her Hebrew better than her English?

Benjamin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Benjamin said...

Surprisingly her Hebrew is amazing. It's a shame I don't speak any. Our common language is connect four.

Anonymous said...

At least she has a killer sense of humor...