Sunday, March 20, 2011

This Is Why Vietnam Is Covered In Garbage

I love Vietnam but it is by far the dirtiest place I have ever been to in my life. Here's a perfect example of why there is trash everywhere. While waiting for Huyen at a shop, I observed this xe om driver:

(PICTURE: Notice the white piece of trash on the ground to the right of the can.)

I took this picture moments after he threw that piece of white trash on the ground next to the garbage container. The guy made an attempt at getting the trash in the container but made zero attempt at picking up the garbage when he missed. In his defense, the effort he would have to take to walk two feet away sounds excruciating.

I took the above picture because I thought the moment was blog worthy. However, less than a minute later he made it extra blog worthy. The dude took out a piece of paper from his pocket, read it over, crumpled it and dropped it on the ground.
(PICTURE: See the trash in front of the bike. That's the one I'm talking about.)

The guy then got up and walked away, leaving both pieces of trash for someone else to deal with. Am I wrong to say, WHAT THE FUCK!!! The guy was right next to a fucking trash can. Put the garbage in the can you fucking asshole! Sorry had to get that off my chest.

What I don't understand is this: Vietnamese people have so much pride in being Vietnamese. However, where's the pride in keeping their country clean?

No comments: