Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vietnam Science Might Be Right

(PICTURE: A common chart at a Vietnamese Hospital.)

On Saturday August 8, 2008 I wrote a blog called "Vietnamese Science." Basically in the blog I made fun of Huyen for some of the crazy things Vietnamese think. One of the scientific things Huyen had told me and that I pointed out in that post was:

Dr. Huyen: "Married couples must have a lot of sex to get rid of bad genes. It's science."

Well, my brother sent me a link to a medical article the other day entitled, "Daily Sex Helps To Reduce Sperm DNA Damage And Improve Fertility."

I guess I owe Vietnamese Science an apology because this study basically confirms Dr. Huyen's statement. As Huyen would say, "I told you. That's science!"

3 comments:

lvu said...

Hehe, no Ben, your Huyen’s view is very Western :) I did my medical degree in Vietnam and I remember no one has mentioned that. And a few weeks ago, I read an (American) article saying that the couple should have more sex to prevent flu. I think this might be helpful given the swine flu is spreading.

**Maria ** said...

I don't know, Ben...if you read the first sentence it clearly states that sex or "ej..." daily for 7 days is recommended. Of course, we all hope that there is a second person involved in the act! :)

Celine said...

Oui, Mme Dzung told me today that babies shouldn't laugh too much as their intestines can get knotted and they can die.
Damn! I mean I always tried to make my nephew laugh... now I regret it.
It's science.