Monday, May 4, 2009

Typical Day

(PICTURE: My 9AM class on my birthday.)

I thought I'd share one of my typical days with everyone:

7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Eat breakfast at the local market ($0.25)
8:00 AM Get to school, check my email (read about the Boston Bruins), and prepare my classes. Up until two months ago I didn't go to school until 3PM. However, I have taken on two classes recently to get some extra money before going home.
11:00 AM I finish my first class and go to the swimming pool. ($2.75 to swim)
12:30 PM Eat lunch ($0.85)
1:30 PM Teach a second class
4:00 PM Go to a cafe and write my blog(s).
5:30 PM Teach a family at their home.
7:30 PM Teach my final class at school.
9:00 PM Go to dinner with Huyen. (around $10 depending on where we eat).
10:30 PM Play pool or watch a movie with Huyen.

That is my schedule Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I only work three hours and write/exercise/eat/nap the rest of the day. Yeah, it's a pretty good life.

1 comment:

Yen said...

hi Ben. This is the second blog that I have my eyes sticked to for long hours. One from a American couple writing about their very first life in VN, 2dn is yours. I have read from the latest post till here, I think I should stop here or my piled up homework would kill me :)).
Anyways, happy to come across ur site then get to know more abt an expat's life in HN.
I wish you health, happiness and everlasting love with Huyen. I envy her.:D
Cheers!