Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

(PICTURE: Hien, my April's Fools Day target.)

The Vietnamese love April's Fools Day. Today, I will be on full guard against any tricks against me. Last year, while taking my TOESL course in HCMC, Hien got pranked by her from Nha Trang. Her friend called up Hien and said she was arriving at the train station and asked if Hien could pick her up. Hien, being the angel that she is, jumped on her motorbike and drove across town to the train station. Once she got there she waited for her friend...and waited...and waited...finally she called her friend who said "April Fools."

Today I will be texting Hien to pick me up at the airport...

2 comments:

Baby Songer said...

Wow, that's a serious prank! I usually just make up some story about being recruited to be on the next MTV Real World and send around an email to my co-workers that I quit my job.

Benjamin said...

I texted Hien but she was in Nha Trang visiting her family. She was really sad that she was going to miss me in HCMC. I told her it was an April Fools day joke and she started to laugh hysterically. She had no idea.

An hour later I tried to the same trick on Linh in HCMC. She said she'd pick me up but then changed her mind and told me to take a taxi since she was supposed to meet her uncle. Five minutes later she texted me that she realized it was April Fools Day.