Monday, March 30, 2009

Tam Coc

(PICTURE: Sebastian with our rower as we left the dock.)

Last weekend, before Huyen's cousins wedding, we crammed in a quick trip to Tam Coc. Tam Coc is often referred to as the "inland Halong Bay." My cousin Justin and I went there six months ago and I thought it was decent enough for a return trip. It's quite a beatiful place, but like Halong Bay it is over run with tourists.
(PICTURE: Huyen and I on our way to the limestone formations.)

Basically when you go to Tam Coc you hire a small boat and go for an hour and a half cruise along flooded rice paddies. The rowers sometimes paddle with their feet:

The trip takes you underneath three caves and to an eventual dead end. At the dead end are a bunch of vendors on boats trying to sell you food and souveniers. If you have the time, and its on your way, I would suggest Tam Coc.

Unfortunately we were pressed for time and didn't get a chance to go to a couple really cool pagodas near Tam Coc (I had gone to some with Justin).

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I miss you and Huyen. Looks like you guys are having fun.

Huyen said...

Yeah, Ryan! We always wish you are here and have fun with us! You really missed my worst case being drunk! You would have made fun of me if you were here! Thank you for your article that you sent Ben! I told Ben "NO More alcohol for me!". We do miss you too!