Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Plans

(PICTURE: My favorite people south of Hanoi!)

In three and a half hours I'll be boarding a Jetstar flight to Ho Chi Minh City. I'll be spending the next three days with Hien, my best friend in Vietnam, and Linh, my Vietnamese teacher.

On Saturday the 6th, I'm scheduled to fly Air Asia to Bangkok where I'm supposed to be meeting my sister at 7:15PM. At 9:00 PM we're scheduled to fly on a Bangkok Airlines flight to the island of Ko Samui.

Now, if you've been following the news, Thailand isn't exactly stable. The siege at the airport is supposed to end today but who knows what that means for flights this Saturday. My sister says that Cathay Pacific has canceled all flights to Bangkok until December 5th. That's cutting it pretty close for us to make back-up plans.

I have pre-written a whole bunch of blog entries to be posted during my travels since some readers get a tad miffed at me when I don't post anything. When I have time/internet access I'll be updating the blog about my travels in Ho Chi Minh and with Hannah.

Send good thoughts Hannah's and my way for our flights on Saturday.

See you in a few hours Hien and Linh!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"take good care of my baby" or is that song too old for you? I am trying not to pay attention to those who tell me you two are taking a big chance in a country where bombs go off and the government isn't stable. Bon voyage and be safe.

Benjamin said...

I emailed with a friend of mine yesterday whose Dad lives in Bangkok. He said his Dad said everything feels completely normal there minus the protesters. Don't worry, Mom. Don't forget, you sent us both to Israel which some also claim to be a pretty dangerous place. We'll be fine!

Anonymous said...

Safe travels!
Hope you have a fabulous time with your sister.

Carol
Perth WA

Anonymous said...

Ben, I'll share with you the wisdom a WWII Aushwitz POW survivor shared with me the night before I departed for Vietnam. "Be brave in ALL you do". That's it. Be brave, it shows confidence to others and reflects back to you.
Be safe and be wise.
LH in KY

Anonymous said...

to LH in KY... thank you for always having wise advice for my son. His blog has attracted such interesting readers and I know you are one of the most loyal.

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of the time that Jeremy's (Levy not Bier) mom wouldn't let him fly with us to LA on July 4th on American Airlines in 2002... and the worst part of the whole thing is that she was right!

Benjamin said...

Thanks for the words of advice, LH. It looks like both my sister's and my flight are back on for Thailand. It should be an adventure.