Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Driver's License

(PICTURE: Bam! My new license!)

(Picture: A closer look. Don't I look strange in my photo? Yes, Dad stranger than usual.)

Great news! I can officially drive in Vietnam. Yes, I know what you're saying: "Ben, you've been driving in Vietnam for 9 months." Well, yes, that's true. I've been driving/riding a motorbike since the first week I arrived in Hanoi. However, this license allows me to drive a car! I can now rent a car and drive it to my heart's content. That said, I haven't seen any car rental places in Hanoi.

As far as my motorbike license goes...well, I still don't have that one. When I get back from my vacation I have to take a police physical and then take the road test (which I will drive to without a license).

2 comments:

Greta said...

hey ben! congrats on your license! it was nice to finally meet you last week! i hope you're having fun in thailand. question - did you get your thailand visa at the airport in bangkok? and if so, how long did it take to get it? i'm flying into bangkok and would like to fly straight to chiang mai but i'm not sure how much time i should allow between flights to get my visa. safe travels!

fluteofthehour said...

Is that you in the photo of your driver's license...it looked more than Pierce Brosnan or am I just seeing things...haha