Friday, November 28, 2008

My Weakness

I've been told before that I'm a competitive person. However, my joy of winning is trumped by Huyen's. About five months ago she "accidentally" smacked me in the berries while were jokingly wrestling with each other. I immediately fell to the ground with a loud, "Uh! My nuts." Huyen was obviously confused why I had nuts in my pants but didn't let that stop her from celebrating her wrestling victory with a jubilant, "I win you! I found your weakness!"

Indeed Huyen has found the chink in my armor and has often exploited it. A common line from her these days if we're jokingly arguing about something is, "I know your weakness and will win you."

Now as funny as this is, it brings up a serious subject. In Vietnam they don't have sex education classes. Boys and girls are left to investigate their bodies on their own and via the internet. After about the -- oh, let's see -- eighth smack to my crotch I said to Huyen, "You know that is very bad for me. If you keep doing that maybe I can't have children." Huyen looked shocked and immediately apologized with these words: "I'm sorry. I'll find another weakness."

2 comments:

fluteofthehour said...

Love reading your blog Ben, keep it up...I hope you win "Blogger of the Year" someday...I heard you're going to Saigon soon, hope to meet the real Mr August in person.

Unknown said...

That's funny, but yeah, I can only imagine how much is hurts. I'm glad she's going to look for another weakness to win you though ;)

Wishing you a good weekend, Nicole
http://nicoleb.org/b2/