Monday, November 24, 2008

Google Analytics II

This week Ahoy Hanoi reached a milestone: 900 unique readers. That's right, according to google analytics, 900 different people have signed on and read my blog. Out of those 900, 55% of the people have visited my site more than 8 times (75% more than 1 time). That means about 495 people are reading my blog on a regular basis. That's like the whole state of Delaware!!!

Just a few fun facts:

Fun Fact 1: I'm now being read in 45 countries. In the order of most read: USA, Vietnam, Australia, Germany, Israel, Canada, Singapore, France, UK, Malaysia, Japan, Mexico, Cambodia, China, (a random country whose IP address isn't being recognized), Thailand, Hong Kong, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, Phillipines, Spain, Hungary, Norway, Austria, Denmark, India, Turkey, Italy, Brazil, Laos, Croatia, Egypt, Indonesia, United Arab Emirites, Ireland, Taiwan, Finland, Poland, Latvia, South Korea and Costa Rica.

Fun Fact 2: Ahoy Hanoi is being read in 40 US States. That's right, screw you Louisianna, Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virgnia, Indiana, Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota, and Vermont! I'm especially disappointed in Louisianna for not reading my blog. After Katrina, you would have thought someone in that state would have found my site looking into the Vietnam floods. How soon we forget...

Fun Fact 3: Most people are finding my site these days by googling "Ahoy Hanoi" into the search field of their search engines. "Hanoi Massage" and "Vietnamese Girlfriend" have dropped all the way down to the 7th and 8th most commonly searched words that led people to my site. Some other fun searches were: "sexy voice recordings", "I had to pee so badly", "flood in hanoi catch fish in the street", "hanoi bar girls" (which was next to "hanoi meeting girls"), straight up "hanoi sex massage", "massage hanoi happy ending", and of course "tighty whities locker room."

Keep on reading people!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO cool! I don't think I even know 900 people.

Noah Lichtman said...

On a positive note, of the 10 states that haven't visited your site, at least the majority were red states (feel free to delete this comment if politics have no place on Ahoy Hanoi).

Laura said...

i'm going home for christmas. as of december 24, i can promise you a reader in baton rouge, LA. i could even enter some funny google phrase, or my parents' computers, if you would like to pretend i was new and not one of the people who has been here more than 8 times.

Benjamin said...

Laura, definitely pretend you're a new reader. I need to pad my stats so Nike will finally sponsor my site.

Noah, of course politics has a place on Ahoy Hanoi. How could the son of the mayor (as of 1/1/09) of one of the most powerful towns called Livingston in the USA not involve politics?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you were going to be mayor as of 1/1/09 - mazel tov, Buddy - were you going to announce it at Thanksgiving & as a result of reading Ben's blog I've been rewarded w/some inside information - very cool!
Happy Thanksgiving, Ben - we'll miss you at our now extended family gathering & hope that you'll be w/us next year....Love, Donna

Baby Songer said...

I dont know how many people were visiting from each of those countries, but I'm going to take credit for some in the USA, some in Vietnam, Israel, France, Japan, Cambodia, China, Thailand, Hong Kong, Sweden, Norway, India, Laos and South Korea.

Baby Songer said...

I'll get you Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, and Chile soon too.

meags said...

i can't get google analytics to work! you inspired me to add it, but i do not know how to successfully gather all this personal information from my readers. i think my biggest hurdle is my lack of computer knowledge...

anyway, i love reading your blog and i'm one of hannah's friends from penn . pa represent!!!

Benjamin said...

Meags, it can be slightly tricky to set up. It took me a try or two to get it working and then you have to wait 24 hours before the first data starts to show up.

Thanks for bringing the readers, Hannah!

Anonymous said...

A) Maybe people in Lousiana would be more inclined to read Ahoy Hanoi if they were confident you could spell their state name correctly.

B) Today, the Shapiro's will eat hot peppers in your honor. They're not just for Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

In my haste to knock your spelling skills, I realized I, too, spelled it wrong.
Louisiana.
There we go.