Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome To 'Nam

A few weeks ago my father hurt his back putting my parents Vietnam trip in jeopardy. When Justin and I departed for our motorbike trip I was 95% sure my parents weren't coming anymore. While out in the rice paddies of Northwest 'Nam I didn't have access to email for a couple of days. When I finally did get a chance to check my email I had a note from my mother that basically said, "We're coming." I was beyond excited to hear this since I had come to grips with the idea that it would be a long time till I got to see them again.

Well, this morning they arrived! Let me beat everyone to the comment: "Worst video ever." I kind of forgot I had the camera in my hand when my parents walked through the arrival gates.




For those of you who are wondering about my trip with Justin -- I'm just going to have to delay those stories until after my parents leave. However let me say, they're well worth the wait.

5 comments:

See Bee Gee said...

Yay Mama and Papa August! This brought a tear to my eye...but it could just be my new-mommy-hormones. Have fun with your parents!

Anonymous said...

I hope your parents have a wonderful visit.

Carol S.

Anonymous said...

So glad to be here after 23 hours of travelling and sore tushes! Ben's house is amazing and Huyen has been a big help. Yummy dinner last night with my favorite being fish spring rolls. Will begin seeing the town today.

Anonymous said...

I didn't make dinner because my back hurt for a couple of hours. Believe me save up your money and fly business or first class. This is one hell of a plane ride.

laura said...

i was going to comment that the comments wouldn't be the same w/o the prompt and wittily captioned mom and dad, but they beat me to the punch! enjoy your trip!