Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Sweet Sexy Voice

(Recording my sweet voice...)

Being a good friend, I had to put PJ in his place this week so his head wouldn't get too big. Sure he's on a hit TV show in America, but he's still a few years away from international fame like me. I mean, lets be honest, a lot of people know him in North America. But me, I'm known (according to google analytics) in 35 countries. I'm basically like Bono.

A few days before PJ arrived I was asked by my friend Tu if I could do an English voice-over for a movie. I immediately said, "You want me to do a voice-over? I have a horrible voice." Tu disagreed with me and said my voice was, "Very nice." For those of you who haven't watched my video postings let me inform you that:
a) My voice is not very nice.

b) My voice is somewhere stuck between puberty and a high baritone.

c) I have a borderline speech impediment with the letter S.

I told Tu he could probably get someone better for the job but he didn't want to hear it. He told me a time and place to be and said I'd be paid a million dong for my effort. That's about $60...or $60 more than I ever thought I'd get to do a VO.

The day before I went in to do the VO Tu sent me the script and the video. What was the project? Well, it was basically an infomercial for some Vietnamese steel company. I went into the recording studio and nailed the script in fifteen minutes. By "nailed" I of course mean I gave a reading that will surely turn off 87% of watchers of the DVD. I asked for a copy of the movie when it's done and will be sure to post it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Cooper will be proud of you and Cousin Adam will be jealous (only kidding, Adam). Can't wait to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Groupies,bodygaurds,and Lear jets next? STICK WITH TEACHING! It's much more rewarding!LH

Anonymous said...

That is a little ironic. You have a speech impediment with the letter S and you did a reading for a Steel Co..
Can Vietnam films be next? That sexy voice may get you in trouble. Keep away from those R rated films.