Friday, June 13, 2008

I Just Screamed Like A Girl

1:29AM. I just went downstairs to get water before going to bed. I flicked on the light and the hairiest, dirtiest rat/mouse thing I've ever seen scurried across the kitchen and ran behind the refrigerator. I believe I screamed, "Holy Shit-Jesus-what-the-hell." Second later Ryan came charging down the stairs in just his trousers (I say trousers now instead of pants since I've been teaching British English): and mumbled, "who's there?" I explained to him the situation and we both kicked water bottles behind the refrigerator to see if the thing would come running out. Tomorrow morning I'm buying traps (which I saw at the store the other day when buying cockroach spray and thought, "At least we don't have mice or rats.").

Ironically Brett Goldstein just emailed me about the post from yesterday and asked, "are there any other critters you're not telling us about." This is your fault, Brett.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...did I say I was going to come visit? Yeah...about that....

Anonymous said...

That's why I'm staying at 1st class hotels when we come!!!

Anonymous said...

Chances of Brett coming to visit you after yesterday's post = 00005%.

Chances of Brett coming to visit you after today's post = 0.00000%.