Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Steve Is A Much Better Blogger Than Me

I shouldn't have given out Steve's blog site since he's clearly a better blogger than I am. He updates his blog every single day, has more pictures than I do and even stole my #1 fan--my mother. My mom emailed me this morning raving about Steve's blog. What the hell! 

For those of you who haven't seen this picture yet on Steve's blog, this is from last night. Steve said hi to a few girls while we were walking along the Perfume River and then I began to practice my Vietnamese with them. They barely spoke English and we barely speak Vietnamese so it made for a really fascinating conversation. Mid "conversation" I interrupted one of the girls and said, "WHOOOAAAH! Does you're shirt say 'I love cumming?'" Indeed that is what the shirt said.  The girl didn't understand my question and frankly had no idea that her shirt was a lude, sexual reference. We asked to take pictures with her and she was more than happy to oblige thinking her shirt just said something really really clever. Anyway, we had to quickly leave the girls to meet some British girls for dinner (yeah, I know, boring. Who hangs out with Brits while in Asia?). We said goodbye to the four locals and did what any rational man would do after meeting a girl who wears a "I Love Cumming" shirt--we asked her and her friends to coffee today.

Besides being an utterly ridiculous story, this just goes to illustrate my point from the previous blog that some people out here can speak English but can't read or write. In this case, the girl couldn't speak, read or write. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still # 1 on my list of enjoyable bloggers! The reason that I like Steve's blog is that he has photos of you and gives me inside info about you that you might not share...
HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET BABY!

Anonymous said...

don't believe your mother because she threw you right under the bus.i am now #1 but i have always been #1 or no lower then 2 atleast in the top 5. love dad

Anonymous said...

yeah, who hangs out with Brits in Asia? We didn't even hang out with Brits in London...

...oh yeah, happy Birthday. You're old, definitely looking forward to reading about some Vietnamese tradition where they cut off some useful body part on a male's 29th bday.

Anonymous said...

bye the way happy b'day and we will have a big birthday party when we get there. love dad

cpak001 said...

your family is so cute! happy bday, lucky traveler! i'm in boring california doing boring work saving boring lives. haha

The CHIMP said...

August, unnless she was downing drugs in pill form ('ludes - as my folks would have said around the time Bobby K was running for president), I think her shirt was L-E-W-D. Congrats, you can speak english, but not ...well, actually your writing is still solid. Let's see where you are in another 3 months...