Saturday, April 12, 2008

QUESTION: What do Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Osama bin Laden and Hitler Have In Common?


 (PICTURE: A belated -- and very odd -- picture from China)

Answer: You can buy a t-shirt with their picture on it in China. 

I took this picture a while ago but finally decided to post it after a conversation I had yesterday with my students. I've been quite lazy over the last weeks and haven't shaven which has grown a sort of beard--or as much as a beard as I can ever really grow--on my face. I asked my students whether or not they liked my beard. The answers were:
1. "You look handsome, sir."
2. "It is very dirty, sir."
3. "It is nice, sir."
4. "You look like (something not understandable), sir."

After the student said #4 all the other students started to laugh and agree. I asked who I looked like and they all started to say the same non understandable name. I asked who that person was and started to pick up clues. Clue #1: "Muslim." Clue #2: A hand gesture showing a big beard. Clue #3: Terrorist. 

Well, it turned out the students thought I looked like Osama bin Laden. Yeah, it may be time to shave.  

1 comment:

Hannah said...

The weirdest shirt...What is that? Mr. Bean as 007?