Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Revenge of the Dragon

I blogged too soon yesterday. Dragon's Back Hike didn't kill me but Dragon Club nearly did. Last night following a traditional Chinese meal of Spanish tapas, I went to this ritzy club with Della and her friends. Immediately upon seeing the name of the club (and having been stopped by the doorman for being a dude) I knew bad things were in store. After sneaking into the club (AKA walking really fast behind two hot girls as they were allowed in) Della's friend Dave and I began to check out the place and the clientele. We couldn't have been in the club for more than twenty minutes when all of a sudden my eyes started to burn and I began to sneeze like I've never sneezed before. My throat started to itch and my eyes began to water. Dave looked at me like I was crazy as I began to head towards the exit for fresh air. Seconds later the whole club began to cough, sneeze and dart for the exit. It was a mad rush onto the streets of Hong Kong as probably four hundred bewildered and confused people spilled out, drinks in hand, into the night traffic. It turns out, someone had released pepper spray into the club. I knew who did it right away -- it was the dragon.

The only thought running through my head was, "this is how Alex must have felt all those times." Alex, despite his love of baseball, isn't always great at reading signs. Aidekman told me about "all those times Alex was pepper sprayed at camp." I didn't really believe him until the first time Alex ran out of a Syracuse bar, tear ducks dripping. We used to have a saying in college, "the night's not over till Alex gets sprayed." Here's a picture of the time Alex was sprayed by a bridesmaid at Glenn's wedding...




















(Editor's Note: If you were as confused by the last paragraph as I was, but don't have Ben's email address because you're one of my friends reading this, allow me to assist. Turns out Ben was lazy and didn't bring out his camera today so rather than leave his faithful readers in a pictureless lurch, he thought he'd post this pic of Alex along with an elaborate lie framed as a "joke." So to refresh, Alex is not a handsy drunk who gets peppersprayed. Usually he just gets a knee to the groin.)

1 comment:

Baby Songer said...

So....Hannah screwed up your Australia trip....Della got you pepper sprayed...I'm apparently not helping you out too much!